Saturday, September 21, 2013

Theros Prerelease - Decision Time

Man am I excited. It is prerelease time. And not just any prerelease. The fall set prerelease. Theros is here!

leslie-knope-smiley

This is gonna be awesome. Time for the multicolored nonsense to disappear. Let's get down to earth with some devotion action! Carrying on the recent theme you get to pick your color for the tournament, and your promo card is legal. What color should I choose?

I firmly believe that if I try to assess which color is the best i will jinx it. So let's channel my inner Timmy and just play with what I'm most excited for. The bottom line is that Blue is the most fun color to play...usually. Looking through the spoiler I am not drawn to any particular color. So let's take a look at those promos and decide what is gonna be the most fun to have in  our deck.

Anthousa, Setessan Hero
the ant house herself

Seriously wizards, "Anthousa"? Are we for real with that. Green is clearly out.

Celestial Archon

4/4 flying for 5, sign me up. I could play this guy. And bestow, sweet. I love playing the new stuff.

Abhorrent Overlord

This guy is spicy. But that price tag is pretty rough. But man do I love me some devotion to black. Reminds me of my deck from fifth grade, and that recent draft deck I had. I am a little afraid of having enough black in my 5 packs, but this is totally tempting.

Shipbreaker Kraken

MONSTER!!!! Man do I love monsters. And I always get to 8 mana in every game so we are gonna monstrousize this guy all day long.

Ember Swallower

4/5 for 4, now this is my kind of card. Let's aggression the shit out of my opponent. And once they stabilize, I can monstrous it and blow up ... "each player sacrifices three lands"? WTF? In sealed deck. I'm gonna need some major help on this dude. While the 4/5 for 4 is spikey we're talking about a prerelease. This dude is out. (side bar: you can get your god in the devotion pack, and the red one is listed way higher than all the rest. tempting).

I think black takes it. unless at the last second I go for the money. We'll see what happens. See you at the prere.


UPDATE: I totally forgot about Read the Bones, definitely going with black! That card is going to be uber fun to play.

Read the Bones

1 comment:

  1. see, you should have gone with blue. it is clearly the best color and my pool had two read the bones!!

    ReplyDelete