Thursday, September 26, 2013

Theros Playtesting - PVDDRs thought from the prerelease

PVDDR dropped a nice article about his impressions of Theros after playing with the cards at the prerelease. Check it out here: http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/pvs-playhouse-theros-prerelease-2/

also for stefan I have punched out an excerpt:

Omenspeaker
OmenspeakerOverperformed
As I was building my Sealed deck, I considered cutting Omenspeaker from it. It’s not a very impactful card and I didn’t feel like I needed it. That would have been a very bad mistake, because the card was actually very good. Being a 1/3 it stops most early rushes, and the ability makes it useful later, when a 1/3 guy for 2 would have been horrible. It’s sort of like a Spark Jolt, except it does a much better job of killing early guys and it’s over twice as good in the late game. Due to monstrosity and bestow, sometimes all you need is a blocker for their big guy and this provides it, whereas Spark Jolt would not.

Told you!

4 comments:

  1. whoa whoa whoa!!! maybe we were miscommunicating. I had an omen speaker at the prerelease and gladly ran it in my sealed. i was saying it will not be played in constructed, at least no where near as much as augur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa whoa whoa!!! maybe we were miscommunicating. I had an omen speaker at the prerelease and gladly ran it in my sealed. i was saying it will not be played in constructed, at least no where near as much as augur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know nothing about the format, but i think it will make it in constructed

    ReplyDelete