Saturday, September 21, 2013

Theros Prerelease at the Seattle DMV

So today is Theros prerelease time! I'm booked to play in the afternoon and on my list of errands for the morning was going to the DMV. Usually an excruciating experience this one wasn't too bad. And people watching at the prerelease is usually pretty good. Today was no exception, there were a few 16 year old girls with their dad. They were pretty funny, tyring to not be associate with the parental unit. Also one of the cashiers from my local Safeway was there. But the highlight was  dude with his dad. The kid was wearing this shirt:

actually it was a black version but whatever. you get the idea.

I estimate his age at 15-17 depending. I don't want to be creepy but I want to acknowledge the awesomeness of shirt. I rock a casual approving nod. He takes that as an invitation to start a full on conversation. He asks "are you playing a prerelease?". I'm like, "Oh yeah!." The conversation made the wait seem a lot shorter. All though I'm pretty sure Beth was slowly creeping away from me and was super pumped when  they called her number.


So far this prere day aka Magic Christmas aka the best day of the magic calendar is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment