Saturday, May 4, 2013

How do I get back into standard?

Pilfered through all my old cards to develop a war chest of a few hundred dollars that I plan on using for store credit.

...

So now what?

The way I see it I have a few alternatives:

a) purchase enough singles to form a net deck of my choice (the crowd boos in the background)
b) get half a box (or whatever) of the baseline expansions so I don't have to embarrassingly scurry around for singles. This begs the question, how much of what? That's a lot of rounds of Pack Wars though. I am IN.
c) Think of a creative deck, beg/borrow/steal commons from Pete and single-purchase the rest. Then playtest it and get ripped apart by his Double Strike Emissary nonsense.

Thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. we pretty much have a full set of commons and uncommons from RTR and GTC so I wouldn't worry to much. dial up whatever of those you need. I think the investment in the shocklands is the way to go. I guess their price will be dropping over the next month as a bunch of DGM is opened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What in dgm is replacing shock lands?

    Also, aside from most economical, there's another issue: how do igain familiarity with the mechanics And what i want to play. Should i start with a control net deck and tweak from there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the shocklands are in DGM. The odds of opening a Shockland in DGM is the same as in RTR or GTC

    hit up the links on the right hand side: go to Channel Fireball. They have youtube clips of top pros playing standard decks

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont.

    play limited.

    (not helpful, i know)

    ReplyDelete
  5. +1 though. Got a win out of me.

    ReplyDelete