Thursday, May 23, 2013

Standard Playetesting

Well PTQ season is upon us. And the format is standard. There are a couple tourneys here is Seattle and Stefan and I am pumped to crack the format and DOMINATE, with some major innovation. I am determined to make these guys get there.

Vexing Devil Slumbering Dragon Experiment One

Right now I'm thinking counter tricks and some golgari goodness.

Bioshift Lotleth Troll Varolz, the Scar-Striped

But we'll see. Played with it a little and only lived the dream once. Outside of that I'm playing my double strike deck a bunch. I'm sorta getting bored with it. Kinda feels too inconsistent for the later rounds of a tournament, I just feel like it is super prone to dropping a match on me. That is no way to hit a top 8.

The other thing I would like to try out is a Liliana deck, with farseek, thragstusk, and

Barter in Blood

This card seems crazy good in standard right now. Better than mutilate. We will see.

PS: Stefan is trying out this monoblack 5-color control deck. It rocked my aggro with super efficient removal, then this happened


No comments:

Post a Comment