Monday, June 3, 2013

Playtesting

Stefan and I got some playtesting in today. I was playing the Naya Aggro deck, a la: http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=56103

I'm super excited about playing Strangleroot Geist again. Man that card is a beating.

Strangleroot Geist

Anyways I was up against an esper control deck.

2 aetherling             4 UU
3 snapcaster mage  1U
2 restoration angel   3W

4 Far // Away             1U // 2B
4 sphinx’s revelation     XWUU
4 think twice                     1U
3 terminus                      4WW
4 tragic slip                       B
3 dimir charm                    UB
1 sever the bloodline        3B
2 dissipate                      1UU
2 warped physque            UB

We got in about 8 games and overall it was 50/50. I was playing poorly and after the second beer was playing even poorer. I never managed to get off a backbreaking Advent of the Wurm, I was kinda bummed by that, but I did get to use my sweet Keldon Warlord token whenever my Voice of Resurgence triggered.

Voice of Resurgence Keldon Warlord

I'll forgive them the color pie fail, some stuff is gonna change in twenty years or so. But wait ... is Voice of Resurgence a Mystical Rare. Just go f&#! yourself wizards. There is exactly nothing mythic about this card. The Vorthos army should be up in arms.

Also let's take a look at the text on Keldon Warlord. Did you read it? Awesome, right? Just phenomenal.



No comments:

Post a Comment