Tuesday, August 6, 2013

How to be a better gamer -- Watch the Pros

I'm pretty sure the number one thing you can do to improve your game is play against people who are better than you. Failing that watching people who are better than you is pretty good to. For me the first time I became aware of the bigger scene in magic cards was 2007. That was the summer where I really got into the game and was reading everything I could about magic cards. I even completed that crossword puzzle they posted with a Lorwyn spoiler.
Anyways right as I was taking my qualifying exam Pro Tour Yokohama (back then they didn't know how to properly brand the Pro Tour to advertise for the current set they were selling) was underway. And on the website they post the videos -- with commentary -- of the final rounds of the tournament.

Spoiler Free Links:
Watch them, or at least the modern day equivalent. They are playing Time Spiral block constructed and the match ups are pretty sweet. I learned a lot from watching these matches and even built the my first proxy decks out of them to battle with. I know I am certainly better for having studied these matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment