Thursday, March 27, 2014

How to win more than 62% of the time

So I'd been super busy with work and hadn't gotten much time to play Hearthstone. In no small part thanks to Fermilab's firewall. According to our spread sheet I hadn't run the arena in two weeks, and hadn't run solo in a full month. Overall this was just my third arena run in the last month.


Anyways I dialed up a mage and went 6-3. I started strong with 3-0. Then I lost to a dude with 2x Fire Elemental. Won a game. Then lost to a Druid who Innervated out a Chillwind Yeti on turn 2, gross. I didn't draw an answer for that. The last game was a loss to a Warlock. To be honest I'm not sure what happened there. But I can tell you this. The good cards in my deck were: chillwind yeti, boulderfist ogre, blizzard, fireball, and polymorph. And I saw none of them.

So I sit here to blog and wonder. How do I win the games where I don't see my good cards? Do I mulligan differently? Do I try to stretch out the game in hopes of drawing them? I'm not quite sure. On the most recent episode of Limited Resources Obi-Wong talked about how he wins when he doesn't get good cards by having a plan. I guess I need to do that.

There certainly have been times in Magic cards or Hearthstone where I have been playing better than average and in those times I do feel myself seeing more options and foreseeing the future. I guess I have to figure out how to do that more often.

Foresee

No comments:

Post a Comment