Sunday, February 2, 2014

Hearthstone Arena Resurgence

Well we went through a bit of a drought in the Arena. But thanks mostly to Caruthers we are back on the front foot. Check out our recent results.


Always nice to see another 12 in our results. Now I'm behind and need to catch up. I also want to focus on my recent 9 win warrior deck. Take a look


I hated this deck when I drafted it. I stand behind the cards in the deck I just don't like the distribution. It is poised to dominate the early game, but if we get past turn 8, uh oh.

I was surprised to win my first three games and figured I was just getting lucky. But I kept winning. Most of the wins were based off of tempo. I was essentially guaranteed to dominate the early game. Then as long as I drew a little bit of reach I could close it out. There was a close one against a 3x Swipe Druid but I was still hanging on. 

My first loss came from some poor mulliganing and poor drawing that left me with a super awkward hand. 2/3 for 3 and the like. Then I went back to the winning form until I got steam rolled. Again I didn't mull well and then he just played better cards than I did, so on T7 I was behind. Then he dropped a ragnaros. oops. In the last game I was up against a mage and I didn't even win he early game. He just had all the right answers to my dudes and I was sunk.

I feel like this deck is good at grinding out a few wins and I got some good draws/luck and manage to return a solid overperform. It feels like there is no way this deck does less than 5 wins, but no way it could possibly win more than 9. You just run up against some legit cards and it is all over.


I want to finish by giving a bit shout out to GOREHOWL!!!

Gorehowl


That bad boy is the real deal. Twice I whittled it down to 0 power. Man does a 7 for 1 feel good. And that late there is plenty of extra mana to sink into Armor so that I wouldn't die. A typical turn was kill his dude, armor up, drop a creature. That is a winning recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment