Saturday, March 18, 2017

Basic Land Update

After much pondering, calculating, meditation and focus, I settled on my suite of basic lands.

Plains Forest Island Mountain Swamp

Overall, it felt... fine. Not great, but the swamp choice was so terrible, it really dragged the whole team under. So I reassessed with some heads-up action.



Plains 

Plains Plains
In a stunning upset, the plains with the trees came charging back. First, the contrast on the 'stormy' plains was off, it just looked too dark. I like the trees and the shadowed hill in the foreground. Done.

Swamp

Swamp


Having a loser in swamp, even though black is the worst color and people who willing play black are ALSO the worst, was too much. The only halfway decent option is the verdant Mirage swamp. One side-effect of playing magic is using words like 'verdant' a statistically unlikely number of times.

Island

Island Island

I quizzed my wife and got the shocking answer of the Ice Age island over the tropical Mirage sunset. That, combined with the swamp taking the Mirage swamp, leads to the Ice Age victory by a nose.

Forest

Forest Forest

In another shocking upset, she also picked the Ice Age forest. I might alternate these arts just for funsies.

Mountain

Tempest: Mountain (C) Mountain

The Ice Age mountain really did start to grow on me, looks a little better IRL. But the Tempest mountain is great, very Zion National Park-esque.


Final Slate

Plains  Island  Tempest: Mountain (C) Forest Swamp

Riding the bench

Mountain Forest Island

No comments:

Post a Comment