Friday, September 16, 2016

Has Magic jumped the proverbial shark?

Brent here. I know, weird, right? It's been a while.

I've become aware that a new set is almost here and with my beta access, I'm going to jump in and play some sealed in just a few minutes.

But is this even the same game I once knew? The sixth color is here and established (and mindbogglingly, it's not even a color at all). There are Vehicles in this set that get Crewed by Pilots?!?

Hmmmmm...

What's next? Riggers and Contraptions and the return of the Tribal supertype? By my count, we should get Return to Return to Ravnica in 2019?

But I kid because I love. I've been elbow deep in Hearthstone every free minute I've had for the past two years (and there have been plenty). But I'm gonna give M:tG another try right now because sometimes you just want to check in on old crushes on the Facebook amirite?

She's engaged again?? Huh.

2 comments:

  1. initial thoughts: "my golly is M:tG and especially MODO (MtGO) clunky and awkward"

    i def timed out to lose and played terribly because my M:tG rules and MODO interface skillz are rusty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So just in time, the new draft league is here and it's GREAT. You can draft and then play games whenever you want. 20 minute chunks, just like hearthstone!

    Also, I rebound my keys for modo and it makes a world of difference. F2 = OK = F (for 'fine'), F4 = wait until can act = G (for "go") F6 = done with turn = D (for "Done"). Really helps the timing out problem.

    Good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete