Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Trainwreck: 5-14-16

At the gamma ray for some of that "IRL" drafting. After a delay trying to figure out if we had a 24th person (we didn't) and whether or not we should announce our reveal cards (we did), we went drafting! Let's tell this tale with pictures now, shall we?

Just a bit tilted, it's still good! I can salvage this!

Just a little aflame! It's still good!

Please depart through the clearly marked emergency exits.



Yeah... it didn't go well. I was sitting across from Chris, seeming like white and blue were open early. In point of fact, the complete opposite was true. Including me there were four people drafting blue and four people drafting white, making it the most overdrafted possible combo of colors to be in.



Here are my draft picks:

It is, in fact, a trap.

Okay, so some early picks feeling stuff out then a Pick 4 stitched Mangler and a Pick 5 Dauntless Cathar, two C+ playables. Some support including a pick 12 Jace's Scrutiny. Surely blue is open!?!

Not a good sign if the pillar of my deck are oxen

P2P1 I see my right hand neighbor first pick a Thing in the Ice. That's... not a good sign people considering I thought he wasn't in blue. I get a P3 Gryff's Boon helping me think maybe white is open but white was very NOT open.

Now for the coup de grace:

Gaze long enough and the bloodline gazes back

Look at that Pick 8 Call the Bloodline. Just gaze at it for a minute; really let it sink in. That fucker wheeled. It WHEELED (the winning deck, unsurprisingly black/red madness, took Avacyn's Judgement instead because he already had one Call the Bloodline) Just kill me now.

Chris W R
Chris U G
Your Hero, Jed U W
Scott W G
Hunter U G
Erik U W
?? R B
?? R B

Deck

<=Two

 

Three

     

Four

   

Five

 

Spells

         

0-3. A tempo deck without two drops is not a happy tempo deck.

1 comment: