Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sealed League Update 3-22-16

Alright team, so here's our story thus far.

I played around with white/blue and white/black, before settling on white/blue. I took a *brief* look at whether or not I could make red/white aggro work and while it was intriguing it lacked about 4-5 playables and a really solid curve to make it workable in a sealed environment.

The Deck



(click to embiggen) Lands are 9x Plains, 7x Islands, 2x Wastes (five sources of colorless total)

I've played two matches so far and won both pretty handily, 2-0. It turns out that Planar Outburst is pretty incredible in sealed and the Seer's Lantern gets more threats on the board quickly.



Awaken is back baby!

    

Not going to lie, getting 3/3 onto the battlefield is a pretty big deal and casting it twice for a 6/6 or 7/7 is downright unfair.


That's... a lot of control

       
With pretty good defenses, having eight very reliable answers for their big threats is very comforting.

Three-drops in the four slot!

  
At first my mana curve looked pretty janky, with 12 three-drops. But many of my three drops I don't want to play on turn three. Waiting a turn for Wall of Resurgence keeps a 3/3 up and blocking (or even attacking) as well. Also a turn four Shoulder to Shoulder into a Surged Containment Membrame results in +2/+2 for me, a paralyzed creature for them, AND drawing a card. It feels dirty.

Currently MIA


I haven't even gotten to play with my Displacer yet! I've seen the Planar Outburst a lot but I haven't practiced the flickering yet. Am excited.

I'll take better notes for my future matches, as I imagine the competition is going to get stiffer now that I'm 2-0. But it's pretty fun that blue-white, considered the 'worst' color pair in Oath/Oath/BFZ is kicking ass right now. Context matters. Onwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment