Thursday, October 17, 2013

Standard Playtesting - GW Hexproof Ajani

Well I finally found a little time to throw a deck together and battle. I just put a Hexproof deck into OCTGN. It was pretty similar to the list I was playing before with Voice, and Smiter, and Advent, and Ajani, and so on. Here's a link to the deck tech video:

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/eventcoverage/ptths13/video7


I was playing against Stefan and he loaded up two decks. The first was a RG Nyxos and Burning-Tree and Domri and Garruk and huge dudes. I won when I was on the play, both times thanks to Ajani. I lost the game on the draw, I was a little slow and didn't get Ajani. However a timely Ajani would have gotten me there. The matchup really felt like it was simply, "did I draw ajani?" There's more to it than that but I just haven't played enough to know yet.

The second deck we only had time for one game against and I lost hard. He was playing esper control: detention sphere, supreme verdict, azorious charm, etc. The verdict put him ahead and then the one for ones kept him on the front foot till a revelation for 4 and then a revelation for 6. Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment