Tuesday, December 13, 2016

What's the play? JV Edition

Okay, not the ROUGHEST Magic Puzzler out there, but I was a little bit proud of the following line. I'm playing an aggressive black/red aggro deck facing against a green/blue durdler. I get off to a hot start, and then the board looks like this:

Click to embiggen


Here are the key cards:
Metallurgic Summonings
Okay, so he got his sweet, uh, 'build-around-me' mythic. And he just cast the draw-three Tezzeret's Ambition, so he refilled his hand and put a sweet 5/5 fatty on the board. I have a nice board:

Thriving Rats Weldfast Monitor Bomat Bazaar Barge

(the rats are 2/3 and the servo is 1/1)


What's the play?

EDIT: I now see a much easier solution to the play that's a bit less impressive. But there is an elegant one that deals precisely lethal damage.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just hijack the construct and lightning the assistant then bash for 13? I forgot what you told me you did. i guess you could hijack and use built to smash to push trample. what did you do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I bolted then hijacked. It felt very smooth.

      Sadly it turns out since all of my creatures are artifact creatures, I could just hijack and trample over with Built to Smash. Which isn't NEARLY as elegant.

      Delete