Saturday, October 8, 2016

Two half synergies do not add up to synergy, Draft Report 10-8-16

Not going to sugarcoat, it was a bit of a disaster at the Gamma Ray.



Tapped Out deck


The problem was that my deck straddled two themes: "artifacts matter" and "energy." Behold:

Thriving Turtle Thriving Turtle Die Young Hightide Hermit Demon of Dark Schemes

And then for act two
Dhund Operative Foundry Screecher Underhanded Designs Glint-Nest Crane Weldfast Wingsmith

This isn't even counting the mediocre artifacts put in to make it all "work". How did I end up with such poor card quality? By horrifically misreading the table of course.

Andrew: U B
Drew: W U G
Colin: W U G
Josh: W B
Jed, Your Hero: B U
Nicholas:W B
Jacob: G B
Ziad: G R

That's right, I moved into the most horrifically overdraft color combination at the damn table. What's really, really deeply frustrating is that I came *so close* to moving into red. I saw a Pack 1, Pick 5 Doorfist Mauler. Suspicious!

Maulfist Doorbuster
Actual name: Maulfist Doorbuster. So close.
The problem was that red completely dried up in the rest of the pack due to whimsical RNG gods I guess. In pack two I opened and was then passed the following:

Demon of Dark Schemes Saheeli's Artistry

So I decided to grit my teeth and try and make it work. But it was not meant to be. Bah.




No comments:

Post a Comment