Sunday, April 28, 2013

Deck Report - Dragon's Maze Prerelease

I chose the Simic Combine and was paired "secretly" with the Izzet League. I was initially bummed because Izzet is creature light and Simic wants a ton of creatures. But I cracked the packs anyway ... and was pissed. I thought the pool sucked. Luckily we had forever to build and here is what I came up with (I'm not going to list the whole pool, that is crazy).



mana: prophetic prism, izzet keyrune, grull - simic - izzet guildgates. and 5xU, 4xG,5xR

dudes: only 12 of them (I was really worried about that)
2 drop - frilled occulus, goblin electromancer, shambleshark, frostburn weird
3 drop - wind drake, battering krasis, the CROC (crocanura for those not in the know)
4 drop - rubblebelt maaka (3/3 bloodrush for R)
5 drop - leyline phantom, voidwielder, mercurial chemister
6 drop - Progenitor Mimic

the highlights were 

Progenitor Mimic Mercurial Chemister

spells: 9
There were a few of my old favorites - Teleportal, AEthreize and Simic Charm. Some solid stuff as well - Paralysing Grasp, Punish the Enemy, scatter arc, and Inspiration.  And two exciting cards from the new set:

Dragonshift

Turn // Burn


Late Cuts: Electrickery, Maze Behemoth, Burst of Strength, Maze Glider, Rust Scarab

Stay tuned to hear how the tournament went!

No comments:

Post a Comment